It’s week 12 of the course.
It’s week 11 of the course.
Pair work (15)
This pair work activity is about making comparisons.
Discussion Questions (15)
Each sentence below suggests a cause and effect relationship. But, the details are not provided. If you agree there is causation, describe the links in detail.
This is similar to what we did for the wealth and long life exercise.
Pair Work Discussion (20)
Purpose: practice making arguments using the sentence pattern we studied in class.
Read the question and give a short answer with the sentence pattern (i.e. claim, because, premises). Then provide details and examples.
Do you agree with your partners’ answers?
Pair Work Q&A (20)
- If you had 100,000 won, what would you do?
- What do you think of plastic surgery?
- Here is a common saying in English: Time is money. What does that sentence mean? Do you agree or disagree? Why?
- Aren’t you hungry?
- Would you rather be poor and happy or rich and unhappy?
Where is this? What is this?
Pair Work Conversation (15)
- Have you ever eaten goat meat on Geumjeong Mountain?
- How many countries have you visited?
- Have you ever joined a temple stay program?
- Have you ever had a déjà vu experience?
- Have you ever slept in a strange place?
- Have you ever ridden an animal?
- What books have you been reading lately?
Pair Work Quick Discussion (15)
Part A Have you ever … (cook, try, made) …
- grilled pork chops
- spicy cold noodles
- pork and rice soup
- soybean stew
- barbecued beef small intestines
Pair Work Practice #1: Like and Look Like (15)
- What do you like eating for lunch?
- What is your home town like?
- What does your brother or sister look like?
- What is the climate in Korea like?