Pair work (15)
This pair work activity is about making comparisons.
- Think about one thing.
- Now compare and/or contrast it with another thing.
- Think of two or three reasons why they are similar.
Here is one example:
Life is like a box of chocolates. They both can be sweet and bitter. And you never really know what you are going to get.
- Life and riding a bicycle.
- TV and soju.
- Books and walnuts.
- The universe and a safe.
- Love and chocolate.
- A lovesick heart and a glass.
- Happiness and a butterfly.
- High school and prison.
- A beautiful person and a summer day
- you think of 2 more examples
Red and Black Game (15)
It’s a card game. Or is it?
Here are the game rules.
Race to put the puzzle together (10)
One person 2 and 2 people put it together. Only listening. can’t read.
Here is the worksheet.
Do a dictogloss exercise.
Review Causative Verbs (15)
Teacher review slides. Students participate and complete practice exercise at end.
Speaking Drill (30)
Think about 4 causative verbs: let, make, get, have.
Complete the exercise and finish with a wrap up – a few examples from students.
Read a book.
Retell a story (20)
Here are the stories about wind power, the computer mouse, the iPad, and Google.
Word Ladder (10)
Solve the word puzzles.