Pair work (10)
- What did you learn last week?
- Summarize the main argument of the McDonalds article you read last week.
- You watched a short TV commercial about Subway. What was the argument in that advertisement?
- We learned 6 fallacies. name each. Can you give an example of each?
Critical thinking part 2 (40)
Introduction to six more fallacies.
Complete the new critical thinking worksheet.
Apply your knowledge (20)
- Watch the video.
- What’s the argument?
- What’s the fallacy?
Don’t Sell Your Hair
George Bush makes war
Read Critically (25)
Here is the second article. This article is by Malcolm Gladwell. The name of the article is Most Likely to Succeed.
Read the article.
Discussion Questions (25)
- What is value-added analysis in the story?
- How does the author compare the effect of class size and teacher quality?
- What is a back of the envelope calculation?
- Why do good teachers have a holding space for students?
- What’s the difference between good and bad feedback?
- Describe the features that made the math teacher a good instructor?
- Do you agree that test scores, graduate degrees and certifications are poor indicators of a teacher’s success?
- What is withitness?
- What is a percentile?