It’s week of the course.
Pair Work questions (15)
- What is something you have not done but would like to do?
- If you were going on a twelve-hour flight and the only entertainment you could bring was a book, what book would you choose?
- What is your opinion about legalizing marijuana?
- Do you listen to podcasts?
- How often do you cook?
- Name something you do that is creative.
- What is the biggest risk that you have ever taken?
- What is your favourite way to spend your free time?
- What purpose do myths serve?
- If you owned a restaurant, what kind of food would you serve?
Pair Work Map Work (20)
Help your partner complete a map. But you can’t touch the other’s persons; map. You have to provide detailed instructions.
But you can’t touch the other’s persons; map. You have to provide detailed instructions.
Mini Lecture: Paltering (10)
Here is a short lecture on paltering, a type of lying that you might encounter during negotiations. The key take away is this: learn to see it when it happens and know how to protect yourself against.
Video Analysis: Trump Palters (10)
During the 2016 US election campaign, people said Trump was a racist because of his renting policy. His company in New York City had many apartment buildings. There were many tenants. When a black person completed an application, the letter C was written on the paper. C means colored. These applications were not approved. At some point, his company was sued for discrimination.
In this video clip, Trump provides some truthful facts. However, they do not tell the whole story. No admission of guilt is not the same as innocent.
Role Play Negotiation
- study role play cards (10)
- negotiation (10)
- debriefing (10)
- Did you make a deal?
- What price?
- Did anchors help you in this exercise?
- Did secret information come into play during the negotiations?
- Did you ask all of the questions (e.g. 3 Plus) that would help you make the best decision?
Korean Housing jigsaw (20)
Here is the
Geography Puzzle (10)
Read the questions and say the answers.