Pair Work Q&A (20)
- If you had 100,000 won, what would you do?
- What do you think of plastic surgery?
- Here is a common saying in English: Time is money. What does that sentence mean? Do you agree or disagree? Why?
- Aren’t you hungry?
- Would you rather be poor and happy or rich and unhappy?
- If you could live anywhere in the world for one year, where would you live and why?
- Have you ever been backpacking?
- What unhealthy food do you love?
- Here is a common saying in English: Two heads are better than one. What does that sentence mean? Do you agree or disagree? Why?
- Aren’t you tired?
Can you explain what we learned last week in some detail?
- patterns in space
- compare and contrast correlation and causation
- happiness and money
Some extra practice (10)
What are the variables? Do the sentences describe correlation or causation? How do you know that?
- Two days after I drank lemon tea, my cold cleared up completely. Try it. It works.
- Spinach can’t be good for me. It tastes terrible.
- Too much stress causes people to get sick.
- The louder the music in a beer bar, the more beer people drink.
- The more often girls eat breakfast in the morning, the thinner the girls will become.
A review game.
Kinds of Thinking (5)
This slide show explain the next activity of the class.
Pair Work Thinking and Speaking (15)
Here are the questions (word lists).
Here are some possible answers.
Even More Practice (20)
This a video from Freakonomics. Watch and listen critically.
— who — what — where — when — why — how —
Discuss the facts with your partner. Ask your partner questions based on these prompts.
Watch the video.