Pair work (15)
- What did you learn last week?
- Summarize the main argument of the article you read last week.
- What were the three main terms in that article?
- You watched a short video with a girl. That TV commercial was made by a charity. What was the argument in that advertisement?
- What is a hypothesis? Can you make 3 examples?
- How is a hypothesis different from a theory?
Critical thinking part 2 (40)
Introduction 2 six fallacies.
Apply your knowledge (15)
- Watch the video.
- What’s the argument?
- What’s the fallacy?
Video 1 Subway
Video 2 Obama’s commercial
Video 3 mobile phone service
Video 4 insurance
Read Critically (25)
Here is the second article. This article is by Malcolm Gladwell. The name of the article is Trouble with Fries.
Read the article.
Discussion Questions (25)
- What is the subject?
- What is the main argument?
- Identify three supporting hypotheses.
- What are some implications of the author’s research, especially his ideas in the last paragraph?
- Do you see any parallels or distinctions between US and Korean food trends?
- In your opinion, can fast food be fixed?