Where is this? What is this?
Pair Work Conversation (15)
- Have you ever eaten goat meat on Geumjeong Mountain?
- How many countries have you visited?
- Have you ever joined a temple stay program?
- Have you ever had a déjà vu experience?
- Have you ever slept in a strange place?
- Have you ever ridden an animal?
- What books have you been reading lately?
- What did we do last week?
- Describe the chart with ice cream and gun murder data.
- Define correlation. How is that different from causation?
- Give some examples of correlation with no cause and effect relationship.
- Summarize the main idea presented in the video last week (moving chart).
- Based on the video, what were some cause and effect relationships we talked about in class?
New This week (5)
- new critical thinking concept – analyze
- practice analysis — analysis plus cause and effect
- find, create, describe patterns
Patterns in Space (5)
We are going to do a lot with patterns in this lesson. Patterns are interesting. Sometimes we think we see a pattern, but its not there.
Sometimes it is there, but we don’t see it. Like the fish test.
This video shows us the patterns in space. It suggest that perhaps our old ideas about space patterns are not right.
New Critical Thinking Task (35)
This slide show describes the next group work task.
Here are the data sheets that students need for this exercise.
- These are the happiness rankings. Data source: World Happiness Report 2013.
- OECD data for countries ranked by per capita GDP for 2015.
Textbook and vocabulary.
Paraphrase Quotes (25)
You and your group will get a few quotes.
Step 1: work as a group and paraphrase the meaning of the quotes in simple language.
Step 2: com to the front and explain 1 or two quotes.
Here are the quotes.
Food Listening Quiz (10)
- Listen to quiz. Write down your answers.
- Check answers
- The listening food quiz is here.