Why is writing so hard? It always reminds us of the gap between perfection and reality, and reality ain’t pretty.
What are the broad goals of this module?
- To become better writers.
- To become better writing teachers (for some).
What are the enabling objectives to help you achieve those aims?
- Define what is writing.
- Name and define 6+1 writing traits.
- Define 3-5 elements of good writing style.
- Engage in process writing by using workshops to identify opportunities for feedback and improvement.
What is Good Writing? (10)
Here is a quick review to answer the important question.
Does good grammar make good writing? No way.
Summary Writing (10)
Write a summary of the story.
Then describe what you think the message is.
Find the mistakes. Create the sentences.
Rewrite the whole passage with zero errors.